Borough Updates: Beware of Storm, Be Cautious
List of what you need to know in Glen Rock posted by borough, including restoration updates.
The following information was posted by the Borough of Glen Rock Wednesday evening.
- Restoration is a mixed bag this afternoon. Many residents are reporting restoration, but some have lost power again. PSE&G and out-of-town crews will continue to work through the storm unless winds get too high. Thank you to all those who are working outside in this storm - especially those so far from their homes - to bring us comfort. For the latest from PSE&G, visit pseg.com
- As of noon today, the DPW had opened all but four roads which remained impassible due to downed wires. PSE&G and out-of-town crews are addressing those issues.
- Live wires are still an issue, and dead wires can go live at any time. Assume all wires are live and stay away.
- Parents are strongly urged to enforce a curfew at dusk. All residents should avoid walking outside after dark for their own safety.
- The library is open, though there are no meetings or activities today. The Glen Rock Library Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for Thursday,
November 8, 2012, has been rescheduled. The Trustees will now meet on Thursday, November 15, 2012, at 7:30 pm at the library. For more info, visit glenrock.bccls.org
- Post Office is open and delivering mail.
- Schools are open Thursday and Friday. Parents and students are cautioned about traveling to and from school, since remnants of the storm still remain throughout the community, which may pose some safety issues. The Police department urges high school students to walk/or be dropped off because of limited parking on streets adjacent to the high school, due to the storm. For more info, visit glenrocknj.org.
- Residents parked in school lots should move their vehicles by 11:59 pm this evening.
- Now that the snow has started, the GRPD advises residents to use extra caution when driving. Freezing temperatures, wet leaves, snow, and rain will make for particularly slick roadways and hazardous driving conditions. Please allow extra time for travel, brake early, and leave additional space between you and the car ahead of you.
- The Zoning Board Meeting scheduled for November 8, 2012, has been canceled. All applications scheduled for that meeting will be heard at the Work Session on December 5 and the Public Meeting on December 13, both at 7:30 pm. Questions? Contact Board Secretary Nancy Spiller at (201) 670-3965.
- The Recycling Center is open for the drop off of trash and recyclables.
- Garbage Collection continues according to the posted schedule. Residents are asked to bring their garbage to the curb for the rest of the week. There is no pickup of recyclables until further notice.
- Leaf collection continues in District 8.
- Monday is Veterans Day. All municipal offices are closed and all services are suspended.
- Borough Hall will be open until 10pm tonight and from 8:30 am to 8 pm tomorrow for warming, charging, and wifi.
- Residents have until 4:30 pm on November 13, 2012, to pay their taxes without a penalty. For more information, click here.
- Residents who sustained property damage during the storm that is not covered by a homeowner's policy are encouraged to register with FEMA at 1-800-621-3362.
- Please do not drive or walk through barricades. They are there for a reason.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church in Ridgewood is open for overnight shelter. Pets are welcome. If you or someone you know is in need of a place to stay and/or transportation to a shelter, please email@example.com.
- For those of you looking to volunteer or donate, the Volunteer Center of Bergen County is focusing its efforts on Hurricane Sandy Relief. For more info, click here.
- Please check on seniors in your neighborhood twice a day. If you or someone you know is in need of shelter and/or transportation to a shelter, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mayor and Council will begin a review of the Borough's response to Hurricane Sandy at the Public Meeting tonight at 8 pm in Council Chambers. All are welcome to attend.