Burnt Papers Prompt Response From Firefighters
Glen Rock firefighters ventilated a Delmar Avenue home after papers caught fire in the oven Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters dispatched on a report of smoke coming from a Delmar Avenue residence said paper products are to blame.
A Glen Rock firefighter said the homeowner likely forgot that an instructional booklet was left in the oven before she cranked the heat up, causing the papers to smoke and smolder at around 4 p.m. There was no fire reported.
No injuries were reported and the homeowner safely made it outside without incident. A fan was set up to ventilate the home located near Coleman School.
A crew from Ridgewood joined emergency responders from Glen Rock.
Have a question or news tip? Contact editor James Kleimann at James.Kleimann@patch.com, or find us on Facebook and Twitter. For news straight to your inbox every morning, sign up for our daily newsletter.