Smoke at Bank Briefly Closes Off Glen Rock Downtown
Fire officials believe a problem with an HVAC unit caused "light smoke" to fill the Chase Bank building Thursday morning.
The unexpected appearance of smoke filling Chase Bank forced a brief road closure to the borough's main shopping thoroughfare Thusday morning.
According to Glen Rock Police Cpt. Jonathan Miller, the smoke was first reported at 8:55 a.m. The first officer on scene reported smoke in the lobby and a "light haze" throughout the building, he said.
Miller said fire officials believe there was a problem with the HVAC unit. No injuries or damage to the building was reported. Rock Road has since fully reopened to traffic.
Ridgewood, Fair Lawn also responded to the call. Midland Park covered Glen Rock for mutual assistance. The scene was cleared by 10:20 a.m.