What: Jordan McMahon, a Glen Rock High School sophomore, has organized a dance performance for the second year in a row to support the Christopher Barron Live Life Foundation and to honor his friend, Christopher Barron, who died in 2007 at the age of nine from leukemia.
When asked why he organized this event, Jordan said, “Because Christopher was one of my best friends and I wanted to do something really special for the Foundation."
Dance styles will include contemporary, hip-hop, jazz, tap, Irish step dancing and ballroom. The event will also include vocal performances.
When: February 12 at 7:30 p.m.
Where: GRHS Auditorium
Who: Dance performers include -
- Jordan McMahon, Sophomore, GRHS
- Victoria Messikian, Sophomore, GRHS
- Moyu Konishi, Junior, GRHS with her Irish step dancing class
- Jennifer Dorsey, 7th grade, GRMS with her dance group
- Byrd school 5th grader dancers, Grace Ollendike, Grace Catania, Marlaina D’Amato, Meghan Harte, Anna Pucci, Lily Ryan and Maeve Williams
- Central school dance alumni: Melinda Somers, Lucy Cunningham, Alaina Phelan, Megan Mulholland, Sarah Nebbia, Lindsey Burstiner, Kelsey Boyle, Sophia Moore and Molly Barchetto (6th graders)
- Dancers from “Dance With Me Glen Rock”
Vocalists include -
- Melanie Lota, Sophomore, GRHS
- Anna Barton, Sophomore, GRHS
- Matt Roy, Senior, GRHS
- Duet: Bennie Fontana & Abby Koenig, Sophomore / Junior, GRHS
- Sibling group: Megan (singing) & Andrew (guitar) Stoddard, Freshman, GRHS / 7th grade, GRMS
- Dancers and Singers from Art of Motion, Ridgewood, NJ. Includes Ridgewood HS students: Sarah Clark, Ana McDade, Jamie Kaminer, Payson Meistrich, Melano Popiashvili, & Catherine Negron. Also featuring Lauren Raffaelli from Midland Park HS and Sara Atkinson from Indian Hills HS.
Hosts - Julia Gaffey & Chelsea Blind, Sophomores, GRHS
Free baked goods by Sweet Treats by Molly–Molly Smith, Junior, GRHS & other students
There will also be a raffle with cool prizes such as Beats Headphones, $100 I-tunes gift card, signed photo of Giants player Victor Cruz, Glen Rock Inn gift certificate, $50 movie theater gift card and other items.
The Christopher Barron Live Life Foundation mission is to honor the life of Christopher Barron who died in 2007 at the age of nine from leukemia and to instill his compassion and zest for life by offering underserved children unique opportunities to live life and pursue interests about which Christopher was most passionate.
The Foundation’s flagship program, “Christopher’s Comic Book Inspirations,” was inspired by Christopher and his own love of comics, and is now in its fifth year at School 21 in Paterson. To date 370 students have participated in the comic book writing workshops.Christopher Barron Live Life Foundation is a public 501(C) (3) non-profit corporation. For more information, visit www.christopherbarronlivelife.org.