“Strategies for a Successful Retirement” will be presented by Laura Mattia, MBA, CFP®, CRPS®, CDFA™ and PhD Candidate, at the Ridgewood Public Library, 125 N. Maple Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ. The 2 part educational course will take place on consecutive Tuesday afternoons, October 16th and 23rd from 1pm – 3pm or consecutive Wednesday evenings, November 7th and 14th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Advance registration is required. There is a $35 fee to cover the cost of the workbook. A spouse or guest can attend at no additional charge (tuition includes one workbook). Call the Course Registration number at 201-471-0994 for questions or to register.
The comprehensive course will help attendees learn:
What should I do now to give me the best chance to attain my goals in the future?
- How do I protect my savings while enjoying my retirement?
- Are there things that I should know about Social Security and Health Care?
- How can I get the most out of my 401(k), IRA or other retirement plan?
- How do I best plan for all possibilities and even end of life decisions so that I make the best choice for myself and my family?
The course outline will include:
- Lifestyle Planning in Retirement
- Income Sources in Retirement
- Investment Planning for and in Retirement
- Health Care Planning for Retirement
- Estate Planning for You and Your Family
About the Professor:
Laura Mattia, MBA, CFP®, CRPS®, CDFA is currently pursuing her PhD, focusing her research on how to better prepare women for retirement. Ms. Mattia is a part time professor at Rutgers University and also works with William Paterson University and Fairleigh Dickinson University. She is often called upon by journalists as a resource for her financial expertise, appearing in The Record, The Star Ledger, The Wall Street Journal and Smart Money, among others. In addition, she is a Principal of a Fee-Only, Registered Investment advisory firm, Baron Financial Group in Fair Lawn. Laura serves on the Planned Giving Advisory Council of her alma mater, Montclair State University.
To register please call (201) 471-0994
These classes have filled up quickly in the past; register early to ensure attendance.