UPDATE: Small Brushfire Behind Panico's, Kitchen Fire at Puzo's Contained

Cause of brushfire likely due to errant cigarette or matches, according to fire officials; business owner at Puzo's refused medical attention but complained of dizziness following oven fire

Firefighters were able to quickly put out a small brush fire beside a garage behind on Friday night, according to fire officials.

The fire, which started around 6 p.m., did not lead to any injuries, according to Cpt. Paul Monton. Traffic was delayed on Ridgewood's main thoroughfare as firefighters, police and Ridgewood EMS attended to the scene.

"As standard procedure we called the [Ridgewood] fire inspector in to investigate," said Cpt. Paul Monton, explaining that if arson was likely the county would have aided in the investigation. "It didn't go beyond that, it was probably kids playing with matches or smoking," he said.

A few hours later, firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at  on W. Ridgewood Ave, Monton said. The damage was confined to the electrical oven, but caused an estimated $2,000, he said.

"The business owner refused medical treatment, but he was checked by EMTs at the fire for feeling dizzy after using the extinguisher," said Monton, referring to the report filed.

This report was last updated at 11:45 a.m. Saturday.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something