The Borough of Glen Rock provided updates to its residents on the continuing rebuilding process of Hurricane Sandy Monday. A few streets have been brought back to life by PSE&G but most remain without electricity.
Glen Rock also updated its residents on polling stations for the election, a lack of curbside pickup on Wednesday. Make sure to take a look.
- The process of power restoration is finally underway. PSE&G crews are clearing trees and wires. A number of streets came back on line yesterday afternoon and today, with more expected tomorrow. That said, downed wires remain a safety hazard.
- Voting will take place in Glen Rock [Tuesday], though two of our voting locations have changed. In addition, voters who have been displaced by Hurricane Sandy can apply to vote by email or fax. Click here for more information.
- There will be no curbside rubbish pickup on Wednesday.
- With another storm on the horizon, we are becoming increasingly concerned about our senior residents. If you are concerned about a neighbor, are in need of assistance, or are willing to house residents in need, please email email@example.com
- Mt. Carmel church in Ridgewood is open for overnight shelter.
- Borough Hall is open 8:30 am to 10 pm for warming, charging and wifi.
- Due to hazardous conditions and live wires, there will be no trick-or-treating [Monday].
- The Borough strongly urges parents to enforce a curfew at dusk. Everyone is advised to refrain from walking outside after dark.
- The Post Office is open and mail is being delivered.
- The library is closed.
- [Monday's] Council Work Session is canceled.The Mayor and Council will begin evaluating the Borough's response to Hurricane Sandy at their Public Meeting at 8 pm on Wednesday. Residents are welcome to attend.
- A message from our Fire Prevention Bureau: Please burn seasoned firewood only. If you lost power and you have fire alarms, please check the battery backup after your power is restored.
- DPW will continue garbage collection according to the published schedule. Please bring your garbage to the curb until further notice. Curbside recycling pickup is suspended until further notice, and again, Wednesday's rubbish pickup has been canceled.