The following update on storm preparations in Glen Rock was e-mailed to residents Friday night:
With severe weather and potentially hazardous conditions being predicted for early next week, the Borough is working in conjunction with Glen Rock Public Safety officials to ensure that all proper precautionary measures are taken.
As we continue to prepare for the effects of Sandy, we strongly suggest that residents do the same. In conjunction with the Glen Rock Office of Emergency Management (OEM), we highly recommend that residents take the following precautions:
- Be ready for power outages:
- Have flashlights and batteries on hand.
- Gas up your vehicles.
- Stock up on enough food and water for three days.
- Be prepared for heavy rains:
- Make sure your gutters and neighborhood storm drains are free of leaves and other debris.
- Do not park vehicles in areas prone to flooding.
- Expect high winds:
- Brings toys, planters, and other unsecured items inside.
- Make sure that garbage and recycling is secured as well as possible. Please tie cardboard to avoid blowing.
- Stay in Touch:
For more information on how to prepare for a hurricane, please visit the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management online by 'clicking' here.
The Borough will continue to post more information as it becomes available via phone, email, and text alerts; in the 'News & Announcements' section of the Borough website; on GRTV on Verizon Fios channel 32 and Cablevision channel 77; and on Facebook and Twitter.