Some major intersections in Ridgewood are impassable due to the high winds that toppled trees on Monday.
The following intersections are closed:
- Godwin Ave between Doremus and Ackerman
- South Irving between Grove and Cedar
- North Van Dien between Beverly and Overbrook
- West Glen between Alpine and Heights
- South Pleasant and Alanon
- West Ridgewood Ave between Maynard and South Hillside
- Oak Street between Glen and Mastin
"We also have over 80 locations on secondary roads with trees and wires down," the village said Tuesday morning. "Motorist are urged to stay off the road to allow emergency crews to clear the roadways."
Have a question or news tip? Contact editor James Kleimann at James.Kleimann@patch.com, or find us on Facebook and Twitter. For news straight to your inbox every morning, sign up for our daily newsletter.