.

Smoking Wire Forces Brief Evacuation of RHS

Cause of malfunction determined to be a circuit breaker, school officials say.

A smoking electrical wire caused by a malfunctioning circuit breaker forced a brief evacuation of Ridgewood High School Wednesday morning.

According to a message sent to parents from Superintendent Daniel Fishbein, school officials said a wire in the basement area of the high school overheated, smoking the wire casing and tripping alarms.

Students were evacuated in an "orderly manner" at around 10 a.m. and returned to classes about 45 minutes later.

"It was determined that the cause of the problem was a malfunctioning circuit breaker," Fishbein said. "The damaged wiring and the circuit breaker are in the process of being replaced."  

There were no reports of injury.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something