"First I would like to thank our residents for demonstrating concern and compassion for the neighbors," Ward posted.
"Throughout the day I witnessed neighbors helping neighbors. We have experienced a significant snowfall...so I am making the following requests."
- I would encourage those of you with snow blowers to lend a hand to your elderly and special needs neighbors.
- Please check on your neighbors to be sure they are okay.
- Please continue to reframe from driving unless absolutely necessary, as road conditions will continue to be dangerous.
- Please do not park your vehicles on the roadway through noon [Friday], so our plow crews can continue to clear our streets.
- Please do not throw and/or push snow onto the roadways.
As of Friday morning, Ridgewood schools are on a delayed opening. However, parents should keep an eye on the district website, as that may change.
The district posted notice of a two-hour delay Friday, but added "this message will be updated if necessary."
Ridgewood police also announced there would be no garbage or recycling collection Friday. Because of Monday's holiday, the next collection will be Tuesday.
In Glen Rock, Borough Offices and the Library announced a delayed 10 a.m. opening on Friday.