The Ridgewood Crew team won gold medals for seven events at the Garden State Regatta this week, held at the Cooper River in Pennsauken.
More than 70 rowers strong, Ridgewood Crew has become of the largest, and highest performing crew teams in the state and region. The Garden States Scholastic Championship is 1,500 meter sprint race and is the New Jersey qualifier for the SRAA Regatta in May. The Ridgewood team finished strong in almost every category, placing in early heats and successfully advanced to the finals.
Gold Medal Winners were awarded to:
- Men's Senior 1 X - Joseph Criscitiello
- Men's Junior 2X - Morgan Collins, WIll Creedon,
- Women's Lightweight 2X - Maeve Cannon, Sophie Noel
- Men's Lightweight 2X - Edward Prettyman, Michael Orlando,
- Women's Freshman 4x - Claire Callaghan, Amanda Literati, Melissa Dexter, Jordan Wittmaack,
- Women's Junior 4X - Caroline Lampone, Bridget Mullen, Melissa Marcus, Erin Brennan
- Women's Senior 4X - Amanda Criscitiello, Emma Brickfield, Julia Hefferon, Bridget Callaghan
Silver Medals were awarded to:
- Women's Novice 4X -Guilia Lagomarsino, Meg Gatens, Cassie Benintende, Clarah Grossman
- Men's Junior 4X - Will Prettyman, Brendan Caltavuturo, Seamus McCooe, Declan Hamilton
The following boats made it to the final heat with the following results:
- Women's Freshman 8+ placed 6th - Maggie Rapaport, Erica Lehman, Katherine Porterfield, Cammie Hong, Alexandra Floris, Georgia Hefferon, Sara Gilman, Madeline Phillips [Emily Gilman]
- Men's Freshman 8+ placed 5th - Patrick Dubois, Erik Olsen, Charlie Koontz, Christopher Jensen, Justin Kim, Ian Soderlund, Matthew Golden, Kyle Seaman, [Allie McCandless]
- Men's Junior 4+ placed 5th - Daniel Literati, Alex Noel, Colin Wilkinson,Wyatt Walton Roth [Caroline Gonzalez]
- Mens Sr 4x placed 6th - Jack Zanone, Jose Martinez, Alex Macon, Alec Garcia
- Women's Junior 8+ placed 4th - Clairie Karanikolas, Olivia Lavin, Sophia Bicks, Brittany Donnellan, Chloe Brover, Bridget Burke,Lauren Klatsky, Erin Dwyer [Chloe Coster]
Ridgewood Crew is an independent, privately-funded club not affiliated with Ridgewood High School, it fields a 60+ rower roster and is comprised almost entirely of RHS students.The club is structured similar to that of most high school-sanctioned sports in that it is split up into varsity, junior varsity and novice levels.Boris Roque Alvarez is the Head Coach, supported by Assistant Coaches Jackie Nolan, Rich Baird, Reid Cucci, and Helen Becz. The team competes next on May 4 at the City Championships in Philadelphia.